Friday, October 28, 2011

Less Than 48 Hours

I took today off of work so I could go to the Marine Corps Marathon Expo to pick up my bib (race number) and look around at the vendors.  Before I could go, I had to swing by the office to pick up my shirt from Ada.  Ada was nice enough to write everyone's name who donated $50.00 or more to the Susan G. Komen Foundation on the back of my shirt.  The shirt looks AWESOME!  Thank you Ada!!!
I then proceeded to kidnap Ada from the office to take her with me to the Expo.  It was really nice to have the company and she was a big help navigating to the DC Armory.  I think I would still be driving around trying to find it if she hadn't been with me.  The first we did was pick up my bib:
I was only a little bit happy to get it!  I hope I have that same smile on my face when I cross the finish line.  We then headed over to the roam around the expo...there were a lot vendors.  We picked up my MCM shirt, which I will not wear until I finish the race, and also grabbed a few freebies.  GE had a booth in the center where I was able to get a Body Composition done.  I was a bit nervous since I have been eating carbs non stop for two days, but thought it could be some good information and help for a starting point for after the race.  So I jumped on the machine:
After the machine did its thing, I received a print out of my composition and an analysis.  I learned that I'm still a bit overweight (again expected with my current eating), that I have lost 1% body fat (I had a body fat test at a doctors appointment a few months back and that is how I know this) and that my lean body mass is perfect.  The guy who read over my readout was impressed that my muscle mass was evenly distributed throughout my body.  So overall I'm happy with what I learned and look forward to improving some of the numbers.

On the way out I just had to get a picture that I'm sure most 1st time MCM runners get:
After the Expo we headed to Metro Diner in Annapolis for a carb meal and then went to Target so I could grab some last minute items.  The weather has turned very cold here, the weather man is even saying we could see snow tomorrow, so I need to make sure I'm prepared for anything.  I grabbed gloves that I won't care if I lost them and found a pair of men's sweatpants on super sale that I can have on until the start of the race and toss them...or wear them for a few miles until I warm up then toss them.  At this point I think I have everything I could possible need.

Tonight I will start to organize what I will need Saturday night at the hotel and Sunday.    I will rest and get a good night sleep because tonight's rest is what really makes the difference, not the night before.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me over the last 18 weeks.  Your words of encouragement, donations and pep talks have meant the world to me.  I could not have done it without each and every one of you.  I will have all of you in my thoughts as I run the 26.2 miles to the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment