Sunday, October 23, 2011

7 days to MCM

One week from today I will start and finish the Marine Corps Marathon.  I've been counting down for so long, being in the single digits is very exciting.

Last night I went out with some friends I've know since college.  Kathy set up a fun night for us at a few restaurants in DC.  I missed the first stop, but was able to catch up a Jaleos, a wonderful tapas restaurant near the Verizon Center.  Then we went to America Eats for desert.  The food was amazing at both locations and I would recommend them to everyone.

Kathy, Me, Laura, Ellie and Erin
America Eats take on Key Lime Pie - YUMMY!
I spent today relaxing, running errands, and watching football.  I was supposed to get in a 4 mile run but I'm feeling a bit run down.  I've been fighting a head cold since I got back from Atlanta and I think today it won.  I hope to wake up tomorrow feeling better.
Ian and I watching football
It's still not too late to make a tax-deductible donation to the Susan G Komen Marathon for the Cure.  I have now raised $2,100.00!! Thank you everyone!!   Click here to visit my fundraising page.  For anyone who donates $50.00 or more I will write your name on my marathon day shirt.  I must say my shirt is going to be quite full of names!!

Marathon Shirt Names:
Mom & Dad
Linda B.
Matt, Cheryl & Yuengling 
Jenn, Randy & Aiden Smith
George S.
Don & Candace W.
Jo Ann P.
Todd N.
Shannon & Stan K.
Ada M.
The Buckner Family
The Wooley Family
The Wolff Family
The Lemke Family
The Perret Family
The Pollitz Family
The Dunham Family
The Leslie Family
The Harris Family
The Hannon Family
The Donnelly Family
The Dove Family

No comments:

Post a Comment