Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Energy & Relaxation With 4 Days To Go

I've been told by many and read in magazines that during the tapper week leading up to the race I would have lots of energy and be a bit moody from lack of running.  Until today I didn't believe this, probably because I have been sick.


I woke up feel groggy (again) wondering if I was ever going to shake what I have.  Within 30 minutes I had my answer - my heart was racing and I had a surge of energy.  I thought I was going to bounce off the walls.  This surge of energy came several times throughout the day.  Thanks goodness I didn't have any meets because I couldn't sit still for very long, however I got a ton of little things done today (which puts me in a great place to take of Friday).  Everyone I spoke with must of thought I had had 6 cups of espresso because I was talking really fast all day.


Luckily I had set up a massage for today to relax and stretch out my muscles.  I wouldn't say I relaxed much because my mind was racing and there was still a lot of energy running through me.  What I did get, that was more important, was confirmation from Kim at Massage Envy (Festival at Riva location) that my legs were in great shape for the race.  My calfs were lose, my IT band was in excellent condition and though my hamstrings were a bit tight they would feel great by Sunday morning with the work she did.  I did find out that my shoulders and upper back are a complete mess, but we will worry about that another time.


I left the appointment feeling physically relaxed and mentally STRONG.  Knowing that my body is in great shape and ready to run has charged my mental strength!  I now know I WILL complete this marathon!  So a special thank you to Kim for giving me the information I needed to get over the last huddle before the race.




Its still not to late to made a tax-deductible donation to the Susan G Komen Marathon for the Cure.  I have now raised $2,100.00 so. If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation click here and visit my fundraising page.  For anyone who donates $50.00 or more I will write your name on my marathon day shirt.

Marathon Shirt Names:
Mom & Dad
Linda B.
Matt, Cheryl & Yuengling 
Jenn, Randy & Aiden Smith
George S.
Don & Candace W.
Jo Ann P.
Todd N.
Shannon & Stan K.
Ada M.
The Buckner Family
The Wooley Family
The Wolff Family
The Lemke Family
The Perret Family
The Pollitz Family
The Dunham Family
The Leslie Family
The Harris Family
The Hannon Family
The Donnelly Family
The Dove Family

No comments:

Post a Comment