Sunday, October 16, 2011

2 weeks from today

Two week from today I will complete the Marine Corps Marathon.  It is unbelievable that it is so close, yet I still have so much to plan.  The next two weeks are light in turns of running in order to give my legs time to rest and recover from the over 520 miles I have put on them training.  However now I must start planning the few days leading up to the race - nutrition, hydration, picking up my bib (and walking around the huge expo looking for deals), when to get to the hotel, the pasta dinner with the Susan G Komen Marathon for the Cure team and what time should I attempt to go to bed.  Lets not forget I also need to plan the morning of.  I'm not going to let this all stress me out and focus on one day at a time.

Today I exceeded my second fundraising goal of $2,000.00.  I have now raised $2,025.00.  That doesn't mean if you wanted to donate it is too late.  I will be collecting donation up to the day of the race on my personal page. If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation click here and visit my fundraising page.  For anyone who donates $50.00 or more I will write your name on my marathon day shirt.

Marathon Shirt Names:
Mom & Dad
Linda B.
Matt, Cheryl & Yuengling 
Jenn, Randy & Aiden Smith
George S.
Don & Candace W.
Jo Ann P.
Todd N.
Shannon & Stan K.
Ada M.
The Buckner Family
The Wooley Family
The Wolff Family
The Lemke Family
The Perret Family
The Pollitz Family
The Dunham Family
The Leslie Family
The Harris Family
The Hannon Family
The Donnelly Family

No comments:

Post a Comment