Monday, October 24, 2011

6 days to go...

And I have the flu.  That is right, it wasn't a head cold I have been fighting and fatigue from traveling, it was the FLU!  I spent the day between the bed and the couch trying to stay hydrated.  So what does someone who is just 6 days away from her first marathon do when she gets the flu - cry and then email her coach.  


I didn't know what my plan should be for my runs this week so I emailed my coach Susan.  Plainly put I needed to take it easy and not run this week or maybe a light jog at the very end of the week.  Brisk walks would be just fine to keep my legs loose as long as I could keep food down and I had the energy.  I have trained hard enough and as Susan put it I could sit around all week eating cookies and be fine (little does she know I would totally do that). 


So the nerves are now through the roof and I'm hoping that I wake up feeling better tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment