Saturday, August 20, 2011

Vacation - Day 5 and 6

Sorry there was no post yesterday to recap Day 5.  The day went by so fast and we were all so tired after.  The girls spent the morning shopping at Fashion Valley Mall for school clothes for Paige and having a birthday lunch for my Mom (Grandma) at CPK (her favorite place for a salad).  James and Ian went to see Greg in La Mesa for lunch. In the afternoon James, Paige, Mom and Dad (Pop Pop) went to the beach while I tried to get Ian down for a nap...I also got to sit outside for a bit to read a few chapters of The Help (so far a GREAT book).

Today was a big day for us - LEGOLAND.  A must for anyone vacationing in Southern California.  The grew for the day was me, James, Paige, Ian, Grandma, Pop Pop, Uncle Matt and Aunt Cheryl - who had flow in the night before to celebrate Grandma's birthday.  Also, my brother is a huge Lego fan so I think he was more excited than the kids for the day ahead!  Not only are there displays of Legos, there are also rides and games.  The best way to share our amazing fun day is through pictures.  I will also try to post some videos once we get back home and settled (there are some really good ones).  Be sure to go all the way to the bottom as there are a few extra pictures from night as well:

Arriving at Legoland
First 'ride' was a slow boat ride through Fairy tales

Grandma and Pop Pop were very excited for the ride

One of the little pigs - everything in this photo is Legos!


The girls (Aunt Cheryl, Paige and me) WON the fire fighter challenge!!!
Ian wasn't to happy about the Lego airplane ride - until it started
Uncle Matt is a happy lion!
There was a special Star Wars section!
How amazing is this!

Paige convinced Aunt Cheryl to ride the Pirate ship a second time.

Paige has earned her driver's license
Paige jousting 

James and Matt - LEVEL 5

San Fran
Legoland was really fun!

A little needle pointing before dinner
Wrestling with Uncle Matt
I hope you all have enjoyed our vacation as much as we have.  We are very sad to be heading home tomorrow morning.  I really wish we could stay another week, or even just another day or two.  It has been so wonderful to spend time with my parents and see the kids have so much fun.  Now I'm off to do a little packing.


No comments:

Post a Comment