Sunday, August 7, 2011

200 miles trained

As I come to the end of week 6 I've already run 202.68 miles.  I'm completely shocked by that number and never thought I could run that much.  What put me over the 200 miles was my 16.3 mile run yesterday plus  the 4.55 mile recovery run this morning.


I had a much better 16.3 this weekend than last, beating my time by 2 1/2 minutes (2hrs 59mins).  There was a lot less walking and I felt strong until mile 13.  My legs get heavy and stiff causing the mind to try to get me to stop.  My running friend, Megan, helped me get to mile 14.5 before I needed to really slow down.  I had to stretch stop a few times to prevent my calfs from cramping.  I finished with a smile on my face proud of my accomplishment!


This coming week we prepare to head out to California to see my parents.  I cannot believe it has been since December 2008 since we have been out to see them.  This will the first time we have flown as a family of 4 so it should be quite an adventure.  I'm going to spend the week making lists, packing, running, working and squeezing in a check up for Ian's tubes.  I'm sure the excitement of the trip will carry me through the week.


I'm getting closer to my fundraising goal of $1,500.00 having raised $1,125.00.  I need your help in reaching that goal!!  Please make a donation to the Susan G. Komen Marathon for the Cure; click here and visit my fundraising page.  For anyone who donates $50.00 or more I will write your name on my marathon day shirt.


Marathon Shirt Names:
Mom & Dad
Linda B.
George S.
Don and Candace W.
Jo Ann P.
Todd N.
Shannon & Stan K.
Ada M.
The Buckner Family
The Wooley Family
The Wolff Family
The Lemke Family

No comments:

Post a Comment