Monday, August 15, 2011

Vacation - Day 2

Another fun day in Cali!  After a long night with Ian not sleeping well, we started the day with my Dad's french toast - the best french toast ever!  That made the lack of sleep go away so James and I headed out for a 4 mile run.  Where my parents live in Del Mar you either go up or down with very little flat area in between.  After the 18+ miles yesterday I thought my legs were going to fall off.  But, I made it through and was super happy it was over.


After we got everything one ready to go we headed to the Birch Aquarium.  The aquarium features Pacific marine life featured in more than 60 habitats which include a floor to ceiling fish tank that takes your breath away and a tide pool outside where the staff pick up star fish and sea cucumbers for the visits to touch.  Below are several pictures I took today (keep scrolling down there is more to the day):


Interactive water flow experiment

Super BIG fish tank

Paige & Ian touching a sea cucumber
After the aquarium we went to Casa Guadalajara for some real Mexican food - and they did not disappoint.  I had the tamales which were just delicious!!


My delicious tamales - I ate the entire HUGE plate!
Once we were stuffed we headed home for a nap for Ian (and ended up being me as well since he would not sleep alone).  My Mom and Paige spent time outside playing with sidewalk chalk.  Here is Paige after they were done - as you can see they had a lot of fun.


Blue chalk was the color of choice for Paige
We ended the day with dinner out and as soon as we got home Paige wanted to go to bed.  Because Ian took a nap he is still running around full of energy.


Tomorrow we are hoping the fog will lift early so we can get a full day at the beach for James's birthday.  I actually think if we are socked in with fog we will still go - as any tourist would.  Be sure to check back tomorrow to see what day 3 brings.


Fundraising Update - Thank you to everyone who has donated to the Susan G. Komen Marathon for the Cure.  I’ve raised $1,325.00 of my $1,500.00 goal which I’m hoping to reach by September 15th.  If you would like to make a donation click here and visit my fundraising page.  For anyone who donates $50.00 or more I will write your name on my marathon day shirt.


Marathon Shirt Names:
Mom & Dad
Linda B.
George S.
Don & Candace W.
Jo Ann P.
Todd N.
Shannon & Stan K.
Ada M.
The Buckner Family
The Wooley Family
The Wolff Family
The Lemke Family
The Perret Family
The Dunham Family





No comments:

Post a Comment