Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Vacation - Day 3

Happy Birthday James!  How great to be in California to celebrate your birthday.


We had a relaxing day today.  It started with James and I running 5.5 miles (okay that isn't relaxing to most but it is a great way for us to start the day).  At the end of the run we walked over to Pannikin at Flower Hill Promenade to get our morning coffee.


After we got cleaned up, our bathing suites on and covered everyone in sunscreen we headed to Moonlight Beach for a few hours, just the four of us.  Ian wanted nothing to do with the beach today after loving every minute of it yesterday.  He finally warmed up after 40 minutes of me holding him.  Paige took off right for the water, having over come her fear of the water apparently.  While playing in the waves today she got knocked off her feet which at first scared her, but I told her to stand up as I saw the panic look on her face.  After she got up and ran to me, she started laughing telling me it was fun.


Here are a few pictures from the beach today (please keep scrolling down because this was not the end of our day):
Me and Ian at the beach


Ian covering Paige with sand - at her request


Sand angels - only an East Coast girl!
After the beach we ran a few errands and then stopped at Roberto's - my favorite Mexican stand!  James got the fish taco's and I got the chicken.  YUMMY and just as I remembered it - authentic!!
James's fish tacos
As soon as we left Roberto's heading home, to put the kids in the kiddie pool to get the sand off, I saw this in the back seat:

We got home and the kids went crazy in the back yard while James and I relaxed a bit more. Later we cleaned up for dinner.  James and I went to the Market Restaurant in Del Mar, yes just the two of us, to have a date night/birthday dinner.  We had the best meal ever.  I wanted to take my camera out to take pictures of what we had, but it didn't seem appropriate.  Anyone who lives within a 2 hour drive MUST go to this restaurant for dinner!


When we got home we found Ian sitting at the kitchen table with Pop Pop coloring and Grandma upstairs reading to Paige.  The kids, and grandparents, had had a wonderful and fun time.


Tomorrow we head to the San Diego Zoo!!!


Fundraising Update - Thank you to everyone who has donated to the Susan G. Komen Marathon for the Cure.  I’ve raised $1,325.00 of my $1,500.00 goal which I’m hoping to reach by September 15th.  If you would like to make a donation click here and visit my fundraising page.  For anyone who donates $50.00 or more I will write your name on my marathon day shirt.

Marathon Shirt Names:
Mom & Dad
Linda B.
George S.
Don & Candace W.
Jo Ann P.
Todd N.
Shannon & Stan K.
Ada M.
The Buckner Family
The Wooley Family
The Wolff Family
The Lemke Family
The Perret Family
The Dunham Family



No comments:

Post a Comment