Thursday, July 28, 2011

Encouragement

The dictionary defines encourage as – to inspire with spirit or confidence.  Over the past four and a half weeks I have received tons of encouragement from those around me: family, friends and even strangers.  Your encouragement drives me to run each day and fundraise as much as I can.

The encouragement I have received includes:

*      Running hills with me (both at 6:30AM and in the heat of the afternoon)
*      Sending me articles on training
*      Asking me how my last run was and listened to every miles detail
*      Sending me emails letting me know how proud of me you are
*      Applauding me or flashing your car lights as I run up hill (please don't honk it really scares me)
*      Having made, or committed to make, a donation to the Susan G. Komen  Marathon for the Cure

A special thank you to James and the kids for, well, everything:

*      Calling me a "toughy tough"
*      Tell me I'm looking good, even when I dripping with sweat
*      Letting me nap on Saturday and Sunday
*      Yelling "Yeah Mom-my" after I clean the toilets (that was Ian)
*      Informing me that I smell after my second run of the day with a cute smile on your face (that was Paige)

Even my Mary Englbreit's day calendar has encouraged me:




Thank you to everyone, I really couldn't do this with out you!!!!




If you would like to make a donation to the Susan G. Komen Marathon for the Cure, please click here and visit my fundraising page.  For anyone who donates $50.00 or more I will write your name on my marathon day shirt.

Marathon Shirt Names:
Mom & Dad
Linda B.
George S.
Don and Candace W.
Jo Ann P.
Todd N.
Shannon & Stan K.
The Wooley Family
The Wolff Family
The Lemke Family

2 comments:

  1. And here's some more encouragement!! Keep up the good work :) you are an inspiration to me, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. You inspire me as well! If it weren't for you suggesting we do a marathon together (hopefully we can make it work next year) I wouldn't be doing this and loving it!

    ReplyDelete