Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dear Mother Nature

Dear Mother Nature,

I call UNCLE!  Your intense heat and humidity are becoming too much.  I've had to start getting up early (between 5 and 5:30AM) a few days a week in order to beat your fury but that doesn't seem to be working.   I understand you are upset that we have damaged your beautiful planet but frying us all like eggs is not very nice.  We will try harder to find ways to use less and recycle more.

Today I got up and started Holly's Hills at 6:45AM.  It was already 78 with 88% humidity making it feel 89.  Really Mother Nature, 89 at 6:45AM, that just isn't nice.  You have been like this for a few weeks and I'm not sure how much more I can take.  I'm not a morning runner - I'm stiff and grumpy and am never pleased with my runs.

Apparently tomorrow you have the same HOT & HUMID plan as today.  I will not let you stop my training so I'm going to get up early again and run a short, flat, easy 4 mile run outside then do weights in the afternoon at the air conditioned gym.

So all I'm asking for (and so are my fellow runners) are a few day of low 80's with low humidity so I can open up the house and have a few nice late afternoon runs.

Sincerely,
Amanda


If you would like to make a donation to the Susan G. Komen Marathon for the Cure, please click here and visit my fundraising page.  So far I have raised $670.00 towards my $1,500.00.  For anyone who donates $50.00 or more I will write your name on my marathon day shirt.


Marathon Shirt Names:
Mom & Dad
Linda B. (a.k.a. MeeMaw)
George S.
Don and Candace W.
The Wooley Family
Jo Ann P.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this post :) I know what you mean about the humidity and having to get up so early. The other morning I hit the road without breakfast...I was so tired I just forgot. Then I wondered why my run seemed so tough...next time I won't forget :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother Nature listened! We have a cool, breezy day today. I'm so excited. It is supposed to last through the weekend.

    As long as I'm running 4 or less I can go on an empty stomach in the morning. I get up and go so there really isn't time to eat and let it digest.

    ReplyDelete