Sunday, July 10, 2011

2 Week Recap

I have now finished 2 weeks of my 18 week training for the Marine Corps Marathon.  The 2 weeks have been spent trying to get into a grove with my training and balancing it with my day to day.  I will admit as I type this I'm tired and also encouraged by the progress I have made over the past 2 weeks.  James has been wonderful with helping around the house and watching the kids a bit more than normal so I can get all my miles in.  I really couldn't do it without him!


Here are some fun facts from the first two weeks:
  • Week 1 
    • I ran 28.24 miles
    • Longest run of week 1 was 10.27 miles in 1hr 43min 50sec
  • Week 2 
    • I ran 34.63 miles
    • Longest run of week 2 was 12.32 miles in 2hrs 9min 14sec
  • I've run a total of 11 hours, plus I have biked, swam and lifted weights
  • I have raised $645.00, which is 43% of my $1500.00 goal.
Tonight I finish the week by working on scheduling next weeks training, making lunches, finishing laundry, straightening up and preparing for Paige's 5th Birthday on July 17th.  The time and energy is worth the challenge and opportunity to raise money for the Susan G Komen Foundation to find a cure for breast cancer.  I cannot wait to see what the next 16 weeks will bring!


If you would like to make a donation to the Susan G. Komen Marathon for the Cure, please click here and visit my fundraising page.  So far I have raised $645.00 towards my $1,500.00.  For anyone who donates $50.00 or more I will write your name on my marathon day shirt.


Marathon Shirt Names:
Mom & Dad
Linda B. (a.k.a. MeeMaw)
George S.
Don and Candace W.
The Wooley Family
Jo Ann P.

No comments:

Post a Comment