Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hot Humid Hills

Today was a hot and humid day for Holly's Hills plus we added almost a mile.  It was 87 but with the humidity it felt like 105 (per AccuWeather.com).   All that aside we had some special people join us - Ada, Lise and Jill - friends/colleagues from CSE.  Each of us went at our own pace and I'm very proud of all of us for finishing and not giving up.  Of course we all decided that we should probably be doing this run earlier in the day, say 8AM.  We may try and meet up early Tuesday if everyones schedules allow.

So I have a bit of a surprise and I may never do this again, but I made a video with our Flip camera during the run.  I will admit I'm someone who shies away from (actually runs away from) anyone filming me, but I thought this run was something you all needed to see with your own eyes to truly appreciate the run.  I will add a disclaimer on this video that I had less than a mile left to run, it was hot as I already stated and I was alone so I'm doing my own camera work (hopefully it doesn't make anyone sick.  Enjoy!


Thank you visiting my blog.  I hope you are enjoying it.

If you would like to make a donation to the Susan G. Komen Marathon for the Cure, please click here and visit my fundraising page.  So far I have raised $450.00 towards my $1,500.00.

Marathon Shirt Names:
Mom & Dad
Linda B. (a.k.a. MeeMaw)
George S.
Don and Candace W.

No comments:

Post a Comment