Saturday, September 5, 2009

To Beverly Beach


Today was my first official ride for the virtual Hershey's Tour de Pink. I actually did a ride on Wednesday when I biked to work. When I got to work I got a lot of amazed looks and congratulations on biking so far. It really pumped me up and so instead of having James pick me up I decided to bike back home. The day was a total of 41.52 miles.

Today I did an early morning ride starting out a little after 8AM. I took 486/Muddy Creek Rd all the way to 214. Along the way I saw Kate from work drive by and gave her a wave. I then turned onto 214 heading towards Beverly Beach. I passed the Old Stein, one of our favorite restaurants. When I got to the water at Beverly Beach (see pictures) I took a quick break...I was at 16 miles. It was so peaceful and calming I wished I could have just laid down in the grass for a few hours. I then turned and headed back home, taking a quick side road (Turkey Point Rd.) to add in a few extra miles. The left turn from 214 to 468 was not one that I think I will make again. The intersection if very busy and through I didn't have any troubles, it was a bit frightening. I made quick stop on 468 to save a turtle from crossing the road and when I returned back home I had completed 34.85 miles. My average speed was 16.1 mph (3.42 min. mile).

Thank you to everyone for your encouraging words and support. Be sure to check back tomorrow as I'm planning a much longer ride!

9/2/09 - 41.52 miles
9/5/09 - 34.85 miles
Total: 76.37 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment