Saturday, September 19, 2009

220 miles reached!

Today I reached 220 miles for my Hershy's Tour de Pink virtual ride!! I was so unbelievably excited I had to stop at mile 18.19, which brought me to 220 miles, to call my Mom to let her know I had done it. (see picture) Unfortunately I was not able to reach her at home or on her cell so I had to leave her a message. Then I called James. It was so wonderful to hear how proud of me he was.

I jumped back on my bike with tears in my eyes and kept going. Each hill became easier and I was able to ride faster. I completed a total of 36.47 miles today in 2 hours and 17 minutes. It was one of my fastest rides yet with an average speed of 16 mph. I have now completed 238.28 miles for the month...and I'm going to ride one more time tomorrow. (Next weekend we are off to Ocean City for a family vacation for some R&R and I'm not bringing my bike.)

My Mom's amazing strength and courage during her battle with Breast Cancer is why I completed this journey. It has not been juggling the kids, weekend errands and just the day to day. I feel I have become stronger both physically and mentally. I also know that I can help make a difference by bringing awareness to others. I'm looking forward to other opportunities in the future to show my support for the battle against Breast Cancer. I want to thank everyone for their encouragement and donations. You helped me raise $540.00 for the Young Survival Coalition. (If you would still like to donate it isn't too late!)

Thank you everyone!

9/2/09 - 41.52 miles
9/5/09 - 34.85 miles
9/6/09 - 45.21 miles
9/7/09 - 26.36 miles
9/12/09 - 10.47 miles
9/13/09 - 43.4 miles
9/19/09 - 36.47 miles
Total = 238.28

No comments:

Post a Comment