Sunday, August 30, 2009

Last Training Ride

Today was my last training ride before I start counting each weekend ride towards my 220 pledged miles for the Hershey's Tour de Pink. A special thanks goes to Linda for coming over to watch the kids so James and I could go out together.

We headed out a little after 11AM to completed 50.96 miles. We did some local roads then headed out to Mt. Airy. I had a minor fall around mile 18 while still clipped in on my right foot. I totally blame James because he took a right and as I made the turn he looped around to head back the other way. I was able to get my left foot out but when I turned to ask him what he was doing I fell to the right. There was nothing stopping me. Good thing was I fell into grass and not directly onto the road.

A little ways up the road a guy named Walt hooked up with us for about 10 miles. It was nice to have someone new to chat with. The picture is from our stop at 24 miles to fuel up before hitting the road again. We hit some big hills but I was able to make it up all of them. We finished the 50.96 miles in 3 hours and 16 minutes.

I'm very excited about staring my 220 mile pledge next weekend. I want to thank every one for their support and donation.

Thank you!
Amanda
Ps - Here is the route we took today:

No comments:

Post a Comment