Sunday, August 23, 2009

Beautiful Day = Long Ride


Hi all,

After a wash out yesterday, literally, due to heavy rains and winds in the morning and afternoon I got out for a great training ride today. I left the house a little before 9AM and headed towards Galesville. I took a detour down into the very small down to take a quick look at the water, then it was off to hit the hills. Owensville Rd and Sudley are nothing but rolling hills which is really help build my cardio and strength. I came out at Rt. 258 and then turned onto Rt 2. Before I got to 214 I turned onto S River Clubhouse to Rt. 468 (Muddy Creek Rd.). I was feeling really good so instead of going straight home I took a right on to Swamp Circle and took it all the way to Rt. 256. From there I decided I should head home.

It was a great ride. I saw lots of butterflies and even passed two sets of riders (usually I'm the one getting passed. The picture is from a quick stop I made on Swamp Circle to stretch out my lefts. Total I completed 45.21 miles in just under three hours. I hoping the weather will be good next weekend for 2 rides.

Thank you for checking in on my blog. Be sure to check back each week for updates.
Amanda
Ps- If you would like to see a map of the ride check out this link: MapMyRide.com | View 45.21 Ride in Shady Side, Maryland

No comments:

Post a Comment